Key Account Manager
Role PurposeThe mission for this role is to ensure customer retention by providing an appropriate level of care for every customer through timely execution of account management administration, and to support and assist the external salesperson to accomplish the sales strategy for the territory.
- The essence of your job lies in the following key responsibilities. These are the main things you will need to be really good at to excel in this role.
- Load sales orders • Resolve customer queries and complaints
- Complete account reviews in line with targets
- Assist with (or manage if appropriate) new opportunities arising from account reviews and f2f sales visits
- Carry out stock-counts and all other account admin required
- Carry out proactive customer contact activity to meet customer contact targets
- Book customer appointments for the external salesperson to meet customer f2f contact targets
- Produce sales reports
- Assist other KAM’s as necessary
Note that this list captures the spirit of your role and is not an exhaustive list of your day to day tasks. In executing these responsibilities, you are expected to do everything that is necessary and reasonable in order to achieve the personal and team results that are expected.
Key MeasuresYour performance will be measured using a range of key measures. These measures are given a wide variety of names such as objectives, scores, goals, key performance indicators, key performance activities, lag measures, and lead measures. The purpose of measurement is to monitor and improve your performance over time. Clear measurements provide an unambiguous method of assessing your personal productivity and your contribution to the business. Your Key Responsibilities will have at least one key measure, and some will have several. In addition to these, any aspect of your performance and conduct may be subject to measurement from time to time. Measures for any given period will be determined by your line manager and will vary depending on your experience and progression within your role.
Key RocksYou may be given responsibility for one or more rocks from time to time. Rocks represent some form of improvement for the business and are defined as one-off projects with a defined completion date.
General ConductIn addition to your core responsibilities, you have other responsibilities which are more general in nature, but which are an integral part of what is expected from you.
• Uphold the company values.
• Help your team members to ensure that the team’s daily workload is completed. • Achieve any rocks and measures targets that you are given.
• Respect and comply with company policies and processes.
• Engage in the process of continual improvement by suggesting improvements and proactively cooperating with changes.
• Develop your product and market knowledge to a level that is appropriate to your role.
• Engage with and fully internalise any training provided and use it to become more effective in your role.
• Drive your personal development though self-directed learning and training in order to become more effective in your role.
• Assist with crisis resolution by going the extra mile when required.
• Undertake any additional reasonable duties as requested from time to time.
ReportingYou will report to the Sales Office Manager.
ProgressionAllpack is continually growing and this creates opportunities for salary and career progression by assuming additional responsibilities or by taking on more senior roles. The career path for this role is to eventually move into a field sales role but your readiness for progression will largely depend on your success in the role and on your appetite for fresh challenges.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive remuneration package
- Bonus up to £5000 per year. Based on achievement of KPI and KPA goals. Paid monthly
- Holiday is 23 days + bank holidays per year
Other DetailsWorking hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Role reports to the Sales Office Manager
Why Should You Apply?
- Varying role serving blue-chip clients
- Great working environment
- Supportive culture
- Flat hierarchy
- Strong earnings potential