Role PurposeReporting to the Transport Manager, the mission for this role is to do more than a ‘driving job.’ It is about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation, by making a good impression with your appearance, manner, and the look of your vehicle. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just our delivery driver. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork, and leaving everyone you meet with a positive impression of you and our business.
• High levels of Health and Safety standards
• Numerate and literate
• Current CPC
• Excellent verbal communication
• Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work overtime when required, sometimes at short notice
Key ResponsibilitiesThe essence of your job lies in the following key responsibilities. These are the main things you will need to be really good at to excel in this role.
• Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage
• Ensure with Transport Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders
• Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer
and/or Transport Manager
• Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature via our scanners
• Provide excellent customer service
• Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Transport Manager for assistance if required
• Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner
• Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law
• Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits
• Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
• Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab
• Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
• Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy
Note that this list captures the spirit of your role and is not an exhaustive list of your day to day tasks. In executing these responsibilities, you are expected to do everything that is necessary and reasonable in order to achieve the personal and team results that are expected.
• Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles
• Stacking of goods onto pallets from storage bays
• Stacking of empty pallets
• Coupling and uncoupling of trailers
• Opening and closing of vehicle curtains
• Physically fit, as there will be unloading by hand depending on customer requirements
Education and ExperienceBasic numeracy & literacy. Must have at least one year’s HGV driving experience, hold a clean driving licence and a current CPC card.
General ConductIn addition to your core responsibilities, you have other responsibilities which are more general in nature, but which are an
integral part of what is expected from you.
• Uphold the company values.
• Help your team members to ensure that the team’s daily workload is completed.
• Achieve any rocks and measures targets that you are given.
• Respect and comply with company policies and processes.
• Engage in the process of continual improvement by suggesting improvements and proactively cooperating with
• Develop your product and market knowledge to a level that is appropriate to your role.
• Engage with and fully internalise any training provided and use it to become more effective in your role.
• Drive your personal development though self-directed learning and training in order to become more effective in your
• Assist with crisis resolution by going the extra mile when required.
• Undertake any additional reasonable duties as requested from time to time.